Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Saint Bernardus Tripel


As we inch closer to the new year I wanted to revisit the style of Ale that got me into this business.  The Belgian Triple!  Although today I review an example of the style, from Brouwerij St. Bernardus Brewery in Watou, Belgium.


I slowly pour the 11.2 oz bottle into my 330ml goblet, I first notice the hazy gold, almost blond color or this ale.  Aroma is almost sour, but floral with spices.  Flavor of this Triple is very malty with a lot of yeast flavor.  The flavor is also slightly spicy, and fruity.  There is slight hop bitterness in the end.

Mouth feel is nice almost creamy, this ale is highly carbonated.  Almost the feel of champagne in your mouth. 

Overall I would say this is a good example of a Belgian Triple. Although I am partial to the Trappist Triples.  Saint Bernardus, did a good job with this drinkable Triple!

I would rate this beer a solid B+ it's good but I have had better Triples! 

Disagree with my review?  Feel free to leave yours in the comments section!

Cheers!

ExcessiveHoppYness

No comments:

Post a Comment