Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Hoppin Frog's D.O.R.I.S The Destroyer

My Friday nights generally are the same, most of them are spent unwinding after a long week in a cubical in an Adirondack chair with a cigar, and a exceptional beer.  This past Friday was no different I was able to experience Hoppin Frog's D.O.R.I.S The Destroyer.  You may be curious to know what does D.O.R.I.S mean?  Well it is...Double Oatmeal Russian Imperial Stout.


This Stout did not pour from the bottle, it seemed to roll out of it.  The beer flowed into my snifter ink black and syrupy thick, with a thin 1/4" dark milk chocolate brown head.  The aroma has wonderful notes of dark malts, chocolate, raisins, slight piny hop aroma also.  The first taste is nothing short of profound! The Stout fills your mouth and almost sends your taste buds into over load as the syrupy liquid coats your tongue.  The dark malts, and chocolate are the most noticeable but hints of plums, raisins, grapes and brown sugar sweetness are left in your mouth after the sip.  The mouth feel is thick and creamy, almost no carbonation.  I was also very surprised to detect ZERO alcohol flavor. I was amazed after reading the bottle to discover DORIS IS A DESTROYER at 10.5% ABV!

The magnificent beer paired magically with my Oliva Master Blend No. 3 Robusto complimenting each other, as both fought for dominance on my palate!


Please do your self a favor and pick one of these up!  It is available locally in Tallahassee at the Fermintation Market!

I rate this beer A+ as one of the best Stouts I have ever had the honor of tasting!

No comments:

Post a Comment