Friday, January 21, 2011

Live from Excessive HoppYness!!!!

Lots are going on here at Excessive HoppYness Brew Co.  The power is on and the brewery now has water.  Progress has been phenomenal, things are moving faster then I could have ever imagined.

The sink is plumbed and the water is flowing.  Only a few more small details and we will be off and running.  We still need a freezer to convert into a bar, a plate chiller, pump, and a few other pieces of hardware.


Although I do not condone the consumption of Busch Beer I got a good deal on this sign.
So in celebration of our most recent achievements I bring you another beer review from Brouwerij Van Steenberge, Belgium (can you tell I'm a fan of beer from Belgium?).  Called "Witches' Brew Golden Ale"  it is also another Belgian Triple.


This ale pours with a half inch bright white head.  The ale is a Golden Honey in color, The aroma is spicy and fruity, aroma has hints of yeast and cloves all tied up with stinging wafts of alcohol.

 Flavor is slightly sweet, paired with dark fruit and cloves.  The malt backbone is magnificent, hop bitterness is minimal.  The mouth feel is thick almost like velvet in your mouth.  Carbonation is intense, bubbles dance on your tongue.  This is a very great example of a Belgian Triple, I was highly impressed with this.  I will rank it a solid B+ I would definitely pick this up again.  

The can be purchased locally in Tallahassee at the World Market.

Disagree with my review?  Please leave a review in the comments. 

Cheers, STAY TUNED!!!! 

Excessive HoppYness.

   





No comments:

Post a Comment