Monday, January 3, 2011

Welcome to 2011!!!

As most of you return to the grind of the 9-5 I wanted to be here to give you a fresh Monday morning review!


The first beer review of 2011 is going to be Bell's Porter, from Bell's Brewery Inc. in Kalamazoo, MI.  As I carfully pour this Porter into my pint glass slowly I notice the aroma beginning to swirl up from my glass.  Hints of sweet malt, and dark chocolate.  This beer pours smooth and leaves about a one inch thick khaki color head.

Again please forgive me!  My wife took our camera to the Bahamas! Thanks to http://beerproject.blogspot.com/ for the pic!


As I take my first taste of the midnight black beer, I notice a slightly 'thin' mouth feel.  The taste however is exceptional.  The malt flavor is king in this beer, along with tiny hints of chocolate and some smokey notes.  Also, I swear I get a hint of raisin on the back end paired with a sweet black coffee flavor.  The hop bitterness in this beer is nice, not over powering, it works wonderfully with the malt backbone of this porter.

Overall I think I may have found my go-to porter!  Great everyday beer! I will give this beer a B+ rating.  This beer can also be found at New Leaf Market in Tallahassee.

Disagree with my review?  Please leave yours in the comments!  Until next time!

Cheers!
ExcessiveHoppYness

No comments:

Post a Comment